Bone broth and bay leaves are both wonderful natural joint health and digestive health remedies.
This recipe, which uses any bone broth or stock, shows you how to make a “tea” specifically to treat joint pain, such as arthritis, bunions, gout, or related issues. You may also want to try this if you’re experiencing indigestion.
Keep in mind that this remedy serves as a cleanse or light detox, so your body will be releasing things it no longer needs. Whenever you cleanse, you’ll probably have symptoms, so plan ahead, perhaps by taking the weekend to get started. Note that the recipe is designed to help dissolve the salts that have accumulated in the joints, so as they dissolve, they may prompt frequent urination as a way to release from your body. This is a very gentle cleanse, though.
Indigestion & Joint Health Elixir
(The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty and Longevity)
- Hands-on prep time: 5 minutes
- Total prep time: 8–12 hours
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 1/3 cup chicken bone broth or stock (you can also use the Healing Elixir Vegetable Stock)
- 1 Tbsp. crushed dried bay leaves
- Optional: 1/8 tsp. ground juniper berry
- Pour chicken bone broth into a saucepan (you can also use meat stock or vegetable stock). Add crushed dried bay leaves (and optional ground juniper berry, if desired). Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Put in a thermos overnight to steep. In the morning, strain out and discard the bay leaves, catching the liquid in a cup.
- Sip this in small amounts throughout the day (not all at once).
- Repeat this procedure for 3 days, making a fresh 1 1/3 cup batch each day.
- You will then take 7 days off and repeat the procedure for another 3 days. At this point, you can either stop here or wait another 7 days and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
The process will look like this…
- The night before Day 1: Make the bay leaf bone broth tea and steep overnight.
- Day 1: Sip the broth slowly throughout the day and prepare another batch to steep that night.
- Day 2: Sip the broth slowly throughout the day and prepare another batch to steep that night.
- Day 3: Sip the broth slowly throughout the day. (You don’t make any more tonight.)
- Days 4–10: Take these days off.
- The night of Day 10: Prepare a 1 1/3 cup batch of bay leaf bone broth tea and steep overnight.
- Days 11–13: Repeat the steps from days 1–3. After day 13, you may either stop here or wait 7 days and repeat the procedure from the beginning.
For a limited time, with your purchase of The Bone Broth Secret, Louise and I are giving away a booklet with 25 additional free recipes, including our So Smooth Skin Remedy. This is great for smoother, softer, firmer skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite. While we give you options to customize the recipe, it contains coffee essential oil (boosts the master detox antioxidant, glutathione), juniper and lavender as the base, along with sweet almond oil and bone broth.
Then we have options you can add, like turmeric and black pepper essential oil (anti-inflammatory and skin-healing stars), rosemary and sweet orange essential oil (another glutathione booster for detox).
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Are You A Generational Pattern Shifter? Free Yourself from the Rules - April 25, 2017
- How to Heal with Herbs - April 18, 2017
- Bitter Fennel Digestive Pastilles - April 18, 2017