This is the Vegan Veggie Broth (Healing Elixir) that Louise Hay and I made last week. It’s so easy and once you make it, you have a vitamin-mineral rich broth to sip or use as a basis for more soups, stews, grain-dishes and more for the week to come!
This recipe was given to me by Rhonda Lenair, a medical intuitive who helped me recover the health of all of my digestive organs. My body was not yet ready for the extra-healing benefits of bone broth, so I started with this veggie broth. It’s wonderful and soothing!
Here’s What to Do…
In a large stockpot, add the following vegetables – don’t worry about cutting them a specific way because this is all about broth and you will be discarding the vegetables after simmering them (all their value will be in the broth).
Use whatever amount of each vegetable you feel drawn to adding, there is no need to be exact!
You are aiming for 1/3 of the pot with vegetables and the rest of the pot with water:
- Something from the onion family: leek, shallots or onion
- 10 – 20 cloves garlic (you can just rough cut in half and even leave the skins on)
- A beet or two (you don’t even have to cut it, but if you want, cut in half once)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger (can be in large pieces)
- Half a head of purple cabbage
- Optional: Eggplant (this is a nightshade, so avoid if they bother you. It does have anti-carcinogenic benefits though, so can be helpful)
- Optional: Kombu seaweed (about a 2 inch piece)
- Now, cover with water
- Add all veggies and ginger, then simmer for 60 minutes.
- Discard the vegetables and save the broth.
Either sip the broth as is for a morning or afternoon energizer or, if you want to make a soup, add some leafy greens before consuming the soup (kale, collards, bok choy, Swiss chard, dandelion greens, a couple basil leaves, etc.) and use your favorite spices (sea salt, pepper, thyme, rosemary, turmeric, etc.).
This recipe was dictated to me by Medical Intuitive Rhonda Lenair from The Lenair Self(s) Healing Center. Rhonda said that Louise and I could have this recipe for our new book. We are giving Rhonda full credit for the recipe and will have recipes from other chefs and healers, in addition to our own. I’d love to hear your stories and feedback if you make this recipe!
Oh and this picture above is of Louise’s big stock pot, which has made so many delightful broths – veggie broths, bone broths and magical soups!
Check out Louise Hay’s Favorite Bone Broth Recipe
Bone broth is a wonderful way to nourish and heal your digestive tract and energize your body; it provides an easily digestible source of vitamins, minerals, and protein. If you’re vegetarian, you can leave out the bones and meat scraps and create a healing vegetable elixir to sip during the day.
Louise Hay’s Favorite Bone Broth Recipe…
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019