Key Lime Pie
This recipe makes a delicious and raw key lime pie filling that will have you wondering how avocados could taste this good! Put it on your favorite raw pie crust or eat it like pudding with your favorite berries. Yum!
Serves 6 – 8
- 3 ripe avocados
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 TBL coconut oil
- 1/2 cup natural sweetener – options:
- Organic erythritol and xylitol (made from birch) are great options that do not feed candida yeast, but should not be used if you are following GAPS, SCD or any SIBO diet. You can get the erythritol and birch xylitol at www.globalsweet.com).
- Organic honey
- Organic medjool dates (if you use dates, remove pits and put them in your food processor first with ¼ cup hot water to make into a paste, then add other ingredients)
- 2 TBL real vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pits and place in your blender or food processor with the S-blade.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high until it is a pudding-like consistency. I like to use the smoothie option on my Blendtec blender.
- Taste…this part is important. Most likely, the recipe will turn out perfectly, but see if you may want to add more sweetener or vanilla, depending on your taste. Everyone is different!
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour and serve.
- Garnish with berries, like strawberries, blueberries and raspberries.
- Serve as pudding – it tastes great on its own.
- Put the filling into a pie crust (see Walnut pumpkin seed raw cookie recipe or fermented nut/seed crust as options).
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019