Call it ‘good luck soup’ and sneak some greens into your kid’s diets!
This soup is so delicious, thick and comforting that even kids will like it. My mother had a trick to get us to eat spinach noodles when we were kids…she called them good luck noodles. She was pretty smart when it came to tricking us into eating our greens. The name of this soup might help you get your kids to eat their greens too!
- 3 cups sliced bok choy
- 2 cups leeks, thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups cooked butternut squash
- 2.5 TBL coconut oil
- 2 TBL curry powder
- 2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt
- 1.5 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of each: fennel powder, cinnamon and ginger
- Put 1 TBL coconut oil into a saucepan on low heat. Add all spices, except for sea salt, and the leeks and saute the leeks for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water into the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add bok choy and zucchini and simmer on low for 3 minutes, adding sea salt while simmering.
- Remove from heat and add butternut squash.
- With a hand blender (or in your food processor with the S-blade), mix all ingredients until you have a smooth, blended soup.
- Add coconut oil and mix again to evenly distribute it.
Drizzle a small amount of flax oil onto the soup in each bowl. Mixing in the flax oil at the end makes for a delicious final taste!
(Visited 991 times, 1 visits today)
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019