This recipe for Turkey Tacos isn’t a typical skillet recipe because instead of preparing your greens with the other ingredients in a stockpot or large skillet, you use the greens as a taco “shell”. Butter lettuce and Boston lettuce or other greens, like mature curly kale or collard leaves work well.
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 3 cups thinly slices bell peppers
- 3 cups thinly sliced onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 large lettuce, kale, or collard leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp taco seasoning
- Salsa and/or guacamole to taste
- Heat the ghee in a stockpot or large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground turkey, taco seasoning, bell peppers, and onions.
- Cook until turkey is browned and the vegetables are tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve the cilantro and hot sauce on the side, or stir them directly into the skillet.
- Divide the taco filling among eight large leaf wrappers (lettuce, kale, or collards).
- Add salsa and/or guacamole.
- Roll up or fold up and enjoy.
Alternatively, serve the filling on a bed of greens as a taco salad.
You don’t need to add water or broth to the fat when you are cooking the meat for this meal.
Republished from The Wahls Protocol Cooking for Life. Copyright © 2017, Terry Wahls
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019