If you have vertigo (particularly Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo or BPPV), here’s a simple technique that really works!
Signs You May Have BPPV
- You get dizzy when your head is in a certain position
- You may have balance issues that can last for hours or days
- You may feel you have to lie down to feel better
Reason You May Have an Episode of Vertigo
- High Calcium and low magnesium is a huge reason! My theory is that this is the main issue behind BPPV. Essentially, an episode of vertigo (BPPV) is related to a stone or stones that get stuck in the ear canal and are not moving through. This creates an inner ear issue that causes the vertigo.
- If you have had a history of stones (gall stones, kidney stones), it may be another sign that your calcium is high. Another underlying issue is an imbalance in copper. But in this situation, raising your magnesium levels is helpful.
***High calcium and low magnesium can also be the major contributor to brain fog, memory issues and adrenal fatigue!
This technique is called the Epley Maneuver: watch the video below to learn how to do this maneuver. Doing this helps move the stone(s) through the ear canal, getting them unstuck. It’s helpful if you have someone to help (one person is fine), but I’ve had clients do this themselves with great results. My clients tell me they feel better withing 15 – 30 minutes. Some have reported needing to do it 2-3 times, others are fine after one attempt. Just like this video, make sure you have someone with you if you decide to try this. Talking to your health care practitioner first is always the best idea.
Has anyone tried this before? How did it work for you?
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019