When Ariane’s family took probiotics in the 1980s, friends and neighbors thought they were insane. It was not yet the time to discuss the “healthy bugs” living in everyone’s intestines. Thankfully, that time for talking is now upon us, and probiotics are becoming well known as a necessary part of life. Whether you have intestinal issues, autoimmune illness, or just want to ensure your lasting health, your belly needs lots of healthy bacteria in order for you to thrive.
Combine probiotics with the gut-healing properties of bone broth, and you have a recipe for happiness inside.
Probiotic Tonic Recipe
(The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty and Longevity)
- Prep time: 3–5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1/2 cup bone broth or stock (Louise Hay’s Favorite Bone Broth Recipe)
- 1/2 cup liquid probiotics: unflavored kefir, unflavored kombucha, or fermented vegetable juice
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- Heat broth until just warm.
- Remove from heat and whisk in miso paste.
- Add liquid probiotic and stir briefly. Be sure not to add probiotics to hot liquid, as that will kill the beneficial bacteria.
*Reprinted with permission from The Bone Broth Miracle by Ariane Resnick, Skyhorse Publishing
For a limited time, with your purchase of The Bone Broth Secret, Louise and I are giving away a booklet with 25 additional free recipes, including our So Smooth Skin Remedy. This is great for smoother, softer, firmer skin and reduces the appearance of cellulite. While we give you options to customize the recipe, it contains coffee essential oil (boosts the master detox antioxidant, glutathione), juniper and lavender as the base, along with sweet almond oil and bone broth.
Then we have options you can add, like turmeric and black pepper essential oil (anti-inflammatory and skin-healing stars), rosemary and sweet orange essential oil (another glutathione booster for detox).
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019