Making your own natural breath freshener is fast, fun and easy! This simple recipe works really well and is perfect for when you are on the go.
Keep in mind that when choosing an essential oil that you are ingesting, you want to make sure to choose a brand that is certified organic or wild crafted and is labeled therapeutic grade and safe for ingestion. Mountain Rose Herbs, doTerra, and Young Living are brands that many people like. My husband has come up with his own hybrid solution for fresh breath – his favorite is at the bottom of this article.
Time to prepare
- Less than 10-minutes
- 175 sprays
- 10 – 15 drops peppermint essential oil (other essential oils you can use are lemon, orange, tea tree and cinnamon)
- 8-drops Amazon Herb Co. liquid stevia (Amazon Herb Company makes a fantastic and delicious liquid stevia that I prefer over other brands for the taste).
- Optional: 3 drops grapefruit seed oil, which can be used as a natural preservative. This is optional because the essential oils are naturally antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial.
- A few ounces of filtered water
- Amber glass bottle with a fine mist spray top. Frequently found at health food stores
- Use a 1 oz. amber glass bottle with a fine mist spray top. You can purchase them online or possibly in your health food store.
- Fill the bottle halfway with filtered water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and shake up.
- If the bottle is not full, top it off with filtered water.
- Keep the bottle in your purse or bag and spray as needed!
- Put a drop of peppermint essential oil on the back of your hand and lick it off.
- Put a drop of peppermint essential oil in 6 oz. water and sip.
- Use Thursday Plantation Chewing Sticks – these are toothpicks with tea tree oil and cinnamon and you can get them in your health food store or online. You can use them after a meal or break them in half and suck on them and discard once your breath is fresh.
- Chew on fresh mint, parsley or cilantro.
- Take an anise seed, coriander seed or cardamom pod and either hold it in your mouth for several minutes and discard or chew on it.
- Sip green tea or peppermint tea.
- My Husband’s Absolute Favorite Natural Breath Freshener: when Joel travels, he puts a few drops of peppermint essential oil into a small Vita Coco Coconut Water. It’s small so he can carry it around easily and he likes to sip from it throughout the day.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019