Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “Medical Intuition, Nutrition, Shamanism & Imagery”
- Live Broadcast: January 30th, 2017 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Episode Summary Re-cap
What happens when you move from left-brain intelligence to right-brain intuition?Intuition speaks to you in a variety of ways and Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz (medical intuitive, MD, and PhD Behavioral Neuroscience), Sara Griscom (Maori Shaman), and Jessica Gosney (Intuitive Imagery) join Heather to reveal the key aspects of intuition. Discover new techniques to hone your intuition skills, tapping into all parts of your brain, body, and emotional energy centers. Learn how to zero in on the most critical areas that need healing for yourself or others. If you’ve been seeking to develop or expand your intuition, this show is for you!
Special Guests: Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz, Sara Griscom and Jessica Gosney
Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz
Mona Lisa Schulz (Dr. Mona Lisa), is a medical intuitive. Dr. Schulz received her doctorates, an MD and a PhD (Behavioral Neuroscience) from Boston University’s School of Medicine in 1993.
In addition to her extensive background in health and brain research, Dr. Schulz has been a practicing medical intuitive since 1987. During a medical intuitive consultation, knowing only someone’s name and age, Mona Lisa discerns both a person’s physical condition and the emotional state of his or her life, explaining how the two are linked.
Dr. Schulz teaches us how to become aware of how our symptoms of illness are part of our intuition network, letting us know when something in our lives is out of balance.
During a medical intuitive consultation, there is no physician/patient relationship, nor is any psychotherapy being performed. Mona Lisa will educate you in how specific emotional situations in your life are associated with the increased risk of illness in a specific organ in your body. One of the many joys in Dr. Mona Lisa’s life is teaching individuals how to acknowledge, trust, and develop their intuitive skills.
Sara Griscom: Medical Intuition with Shamanism and In Depth Omari and Indigenous Healing Methods
Sara Griscom is owner and founder of Gypsy Hands Healing Arts, Knoxville, Tenesee’s holistic healing arts and wellness center, which, for more than 15 years, has fostered deep spiritual, traditional, and interconnected ways of healing.
Sara’s many influences include years of working with indigenous and ancient local medicine people in South America, Mexico, the Himalayas (on the border on Tibet), and India; studying shamanism, ethno-medicine, Mexican pharmacology, Mayan and Maori healing, and linguistics; and working closely with intuitive Bobby Drinnon, New Zealand-based Grandmothers Healing Haka co-creators, Ojasvin Kingi Davis and Waimaania Iris Hausermann Davis, and Whanau Apanui Maori healers Hohepa “Papa Joe” de la Mare and Atarangi Muru.
At Gypsy Hands, Sara offers intuitive healing consultation, Maori bodywork, and energy medicine healing sessions, in addition to fostering deep community connections through seminars, lectures, and events.
Jessica Gosney graduated with a BFA in Graphic Design from the University of Tennessee in 2011 and is currently working toward a graduate degree in the field of Art Therapy. For the last six years, she has worked with businesses in psychology and the healing arts, most recently along side Sara Griscom at Gypsy Hands Healing Arts Center. By combining elements of visual expression, medical intuition, and energy medicine, Jessica helps you bring movement, balance, and color, space, and form to your life.
Learn more about Sara Griscom and Jessica Gosney
How to Build Your Intuition: Medical Intuition, Nutrition, Shamanism & Imagery
Is Your Intuition Speaking to You?
Are you experiencing changes in your health or your brain function – moods, memory – that are concerning to you? Have you felt that you are more sensitive than usual? Perhaps you walk into a room and just know something happened there?
If you feel confused about the changes happening in your physical and emotional health, your brain and body may be going through a paradigm shift. While we’ve learned to prize left-brain intelligence (logical, structured thinking), science, evidence, and getting things done in an organized fashion, there is a whole other part of the brain that wants our attention – our right, intuitive brain. The part that “just knows” things, without any backup evidence.
So what happens when you move from left-brain intelligence to right-brain intuition? Intuition speaks to you in a variety of ways and Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz (medical intuitive, MD, and PhD Behavioral Neuroscience), Sara Griscom (Maori Shaman), and Jessica Gosney (Intuitive Imagery) join Heather to reveal the key aspects of intuition. Discover new techniques to hone your intuition skills, tapping into all parts of your brain, body, and emotional energy centers. Learn how to zero in on the most critical areas that need healing for yourself or others. If you’ve been seeking to develop or expand your intuition, this information is for you!
How to Recognize and Develop Your Intuition
Intuition is not some magical occurrence that only special people have. Your inner voice speaks to you in a variety of ways:
- Clairaudience (clear hearing)
- Claircognizance (clear knowing)
- Clairvoyance (clear sight)
- Clairsentience (clear feeling)
Tapping into your intuition also happens in a variety of ways. Mona Lisa suggests that you look at what is odd or different about you. It’s often what makes you different that holds the key to your intuition.
Here are some examples of how your intuition may show up:
- Symptoms – illness, feeling “off,” pain, emotions or mental state
- Accidents – car accidents, bike accidents, falls, etc.
- Injuries or near death experiences – brain injuries that affect brain function can often bring on intuition. In fact, any loss from injury or a near death experience can bring on intuition.
- Things that break or fall apart – this could include things in your home, like appliances, a roof or walls, a vacuum, or water pipes.
- Sounds you hear around you, particularly if they happen while you are saying something or thinking something, as if in confirmation.
- Hormonal events, like menopause can cause your left brain to take a back seat to your right, intuitive brain.
- Food allergies or a change in dietary requirements.
- Areas of your body that you feel are “off”– Shaman know that your body holds emotions and traumas. Whether something you were born with or pain, injury or other symptom, your body holds keys to what needs to be released.
- Art, doodles, images or simple drawings – sometimes you notice certain things about art or images, or perhaps you draw things or doodle. The images you draw or notice have signs for you. Learning to recognize and interpret them can really help develop your intuition.
The Key is to Listen and Trust the Signs and Signals
Since we are taught to trust only evidence and proof, it can be a challenge to trust the unseen signals we get. However, it’s important to trust them because if you keep ignoring or questioning them, you lose the opportunity to truly develop a rapport with your unique intuitive style.
- Collect proof – it can help to write down the signals you are getting and then come back later to identify what happened when you trusted them. This is a great way to collect proof and proof often dispels doubt.
- Listen or watch for subtle signals. You often get subtle signals before the bigger ones. If you are someone who gets pains, discomfort, anxiety, depression or some other symptom as intuition, it helps to pay attention to the early, subtle signals because if you don’t pay attention to them, the signals get more demanding. In other words, your body could send you more challenging symptoms to wake you up and get you to pay attention.
- Thank your body and life for guiding you. Intuition can sometimes feel uncomfortable. Many people feel “too sensitive” or have been ridiculed for being too sensitive. Shift your perspective by expressing gratitude for your sensitivity. The more you use and appreciate your inner guidance, the stronger you feel and become, and the more guided you are in life.
- Be open to learning more and developing your intuition. If you are still learning to understand and work with your intuition or if you want to develop and expand your intuitive abilities, be open to learning more! This is why we developed MINSI Institute – Medical Intuition, Nutrition, Shamanism and Imagery. MINSI teaches you to develop four key areas of your intuition, with guidance from masters in each of the areas.
You Will Benefit Most From MINSI if You Are:
- In the field of mainstream medicine
- In the holistic health field
- A health coach, wellness coach or life coach (or aspiring to be one)
- Intuitive, psychic or a medium and want to expand your gifts
- Highly sensitive
- Have symptoms no one seems to be able to diagnose
- A health enthusiast who wishes to expand your knowledge
We had two callers on the show that had excellent questions!
Here are some recommendations for them:
With symptoms like fibromyalgia, heavy metal poisoning and a family situation, the main area of support is the first chakra, immune system. Fibromyalgia is an autoimmune condition, which means that the immune system is getting overworked or not able to recognize what is good or bad for it. Focusing on healing the first chakra (family, safety, security) is incredibly important. The nutritional aspects of immune support that can help are:
Bone Broth – the collagen in bone broth helps to reduce inflammation, boost immunity and goes right to healing the structure of the body: bones, muscles, skin and overall immunity. Bone broth helps to heal and seal leaky gut so that your body can get the nutrients it needs. Here’s a bone broth recipe.
Magnesium and Vitamin B12 Deficiency – the symptoms of fibromyalgia are often aligned with magnesium and vitamin B12 deficiency. You may want to take a look at these articles and see if you notice similar symptoms: Symptoms of Magnesium Deficiency and Symptoms of B12 Deficiency.
Probiotics and Nutrients to Support Heavy Metal Detox
- Lead – L. rhamnosus GG
- Cadmium – L. planetarum (typically rich in cultured vegetables)
- Arsenic – L. casei and folate (as 5-mthf, not folic acid)
- Mercury – Selenium (Brazil nuts are rich in selenium)
- Aluminum – Malic Acid (found in fruits and vegetables, like apples)
- There’s insufficient evidence that cilantro, alfalfa, or rutin are always successful at removing toxicants.
With hormonal imbalance and fatigue the main issues mentioned, there are two nutritional areas that can be helpful:
Minerals – Anderson’s Sea MD is a wide-base of sea minerals that help with boosting energy, grounding, reducing stress, calming and hormonal balance. Try a few drops in a full 8 oz. glass of water, working your way up to 1 full dropper (total) of minerals spread across your glasses of water throughout the day.
Sublingual Vitamin B12 – Vitamin B12 is energizing and grounding at the same time. It is especially helpful for energetically sensitive people who feel “too sensitive” or have nerve, mood, or digestive issues. A good place to start with B12 supplementation is Seeking Health Active B12.
Hormonal imbalances can happen when copper is off, so you may want to get an HTMA (Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis) to see where your mineral status is. To learn more about how to get an HTMA, mineral imbalances and symptoms, read: Myths and Truths About Minerals.
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, We’ll cover more ways to take your health into your own hands when I am joined by Dr. Judy Mikovits. Discover how neuropeptides affect your brain health, and immunity. Find out why gut health determines the health of the rest of your body. And learn solutions to improve your gut health naturally.
See you next week!
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019