If you want to wow your guests (or indulge yourself!) for lunch or dinner, this side dish is the one to serve. This zucchini and carrots recipe is a real crowd pleaser for it’s light taste. You will surely get recipe requests from even the picky eaters!
You can cut these vegetables however you want. If you’re in a hurry and not concerned about presentation you can rough cut them into chunks.
You can also avoid chopping altogether by using one of the slicing attachments on your food processor (my favorite fast, easy, lazy kitchen trick). You can bump up the presentation for a fancy dinner by either julienning them (again, your food processor may have an attachment for this -bonus!) or make long, thin slices (in your food processor or mandolin).
As one more creative alternative, you could make thin spaghetti-like spirals with a spiralizer (this can be really fun for kids or the kid in you!) 🙂
- 5 minutes
- 2 Cups carrots (peeled and sliced)
- 1 Cup Zucchini (sliced in half moon shapes, rounds or however you like)
- 1 Cup Yellow summer squash (sliced in half moon shapes)
- 1 Cup Mirin Rice cooking wine
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp. Sea salt
- 2 Tsp. Dill weed (dried spice or 2 TBL fresh dill)
- 1 Tsp. dried Oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Put all ingredients into an uncovered casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes (if you’re doing long thin slices or spirals, cook for 10 – 15 minutes, it’s done when they are slightly soft).
- Serve as a side dish, snack or salad topper. The excess liquid makes a great salad dressing if using this dish as a salad topper.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019