If you have been feeling overworked, overwhelmed or under a great deal of stress, this article is for you!
Your adrenals are two glands sitting on top of your kidneys that are responsible for your energy, stress response and hormone balance.
When your life gets out of balance, these organs work to protect you. However, if imbalance or stress becomes chronic, your adrenals can become fatigued (adrenal stress).
Are your adrenals fatigued? Here are some symptoms of adrenal stress:
- Stress and overwhelm
- Feeling burned out or tired but wired
- Less able to handle things you used to handle well
- Low libido
- Cravings (for salt, sugar)
- Weak muscles or loss of muscle tone
- Swollen ankles
- Abdominal issues (pain, cramps, indigestion)
- Increased allergies
- Feeling cold
- Swollen lymph nodes in neck
- Feeling much better after lunch meal (after noon) and best from 6:00 pm on
- Foggy brain
- Best refreshing sleep is 7:00 am – 9:00 am
- Get a second wind if up after 11:00 pm
- Frequent colds
- Frequent rashes
- Multiple chemical sensitivities
- Increasing PMS symptoms
- Rely on caffeine for energy
- Feel better with high fat foods
- Feel worse if a meal is skipped
(Visited 637 times, 1 visits today)
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019