One of the things I loved most about visiting Thailand was trying foods with different healing herbs and spices. Many of the dishes had fresh lemongrass.
Lemongrass is a beautiful herb. The stems can be used in a variety of dishes. The leaves can be crushed for tea and offer a lemony scent. The stalks can be sliced for soups and salads or pulverized into pastes for curries. You may find lemongrass in soaps, lotions, essential oils and other personal care products too because it smells so good and offers many health benefits.
Studies have shown these benefits of lemongrass:
- Can be used as a natural bug repellant
- Treats fungal and yeast infections
- Helps regulate cholesterol
- Can treat diabetes type 2
- Used for epilepsy
- Relieves insomniaAids skin health (reduces wrinkles, can tighten skin)
- Check your local market, farmer’s market or Asian market – look for fresh stalks that are firm and don’t look dried or wrinkled.
- Look for the dried powder in the spice section of the store
- Find dried leaves in the tea section of the store.
- If you love essential oils, you’ll love lemongrass essential oil.
- Use the dried leaves for tea, but not for cooking.
- Use the lower white stalk for cooking (tender part) and cut it into thin rings. You could alternatively crush it with the back of a knife to add to a curry or stew.
- Use the upper, tough part of the stalk in a bundle in the last 30 minutes of simmering your bone broth or veggie broth. Then discard after simmering.
Learn How to Use Nature’s Healing Foods and Remedies!
In Immune-Healing Foods, Supplements, and Remedies Part 2, You Will Learn:
- Healing with Medicinal Mushrooms – Cut through the confusion about what medicinal mushrooms do for your innate and adaptive immune responses. Find out how to choose the right medicinal mushrooms that support you – which have too much immunity or too little immunity. Find out which products Judy has tested for purity and the clinical results she’s seen.
- Camel Milk – Camel milk is making a big impact in the natural health world because it contains important nanobodies (very small, single chain antibodies) that cross the blood brain barrier. Some people with autism, ME/CFS and other chronic health conditions don’t make the right antibodies for immunity. Find out why camel milk has important nanobodies that can support your immune system. Learn how to find the best camel milk, how much to take, and whether this could be a solution that works for you.
- Q&A: Healing Remedies – In our first two events, we learned about how your immune system works and how to use foods, supplements, and remedies to support your immune system health. In this event, we’ll discuss how to put all of this together, how to choose whether some or all are right for you, and guidelines for how much, timing, and listening to your body.
- Video Recording – All people who register for the live event will also get the video recording.
(Visited 307 times, 1 visits today)
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019