Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can”
- Live Broadcast: Monday, March 16th, 2016 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Today, Amy is an author, teacher and energy therapist. She uses energy therapy techniques to help those experiencing illness and those in need of emotional healing. Amy has been featured on healthcare blogs, CNN, Curve magazine, Elephant Journal, Cosmopolitan magazine, OM Times, and the San Francisco Book Review. She was also named one of Advocate’s “40 Under 40” in 2013. Amy has presented to groups such as the Department of Psychiatry at Stanford University and teaches at retreats and conferences nationwide.
Amy has written several books on health and healing, including:
And her most recent book: How To Heal Yourself When No One Else Can: A Total Self-Healing Approach for Mind, Body, and Spirit
Most importantly, Amy lives by her self-created motto:
“When life kicks your ass, kick back.”
Amy Scher’s Tips for Health and Healing
- Listen to your body’s intuition – Take time to get quiet, turn off what your mind is telling you and listen to your body. Look for what feels good or what feels right. Your symptoms are honest messages. They may tell you things that feel scary for you, but that allow you to be who you really are.
- Address the Real F-Word (Fear) – focus on releasing the two biggest fears Amy sees in her practice: (1) the fear of being who you really are; and (2) the fear of not being in control of life (not trusting life to take care of you).
- Graceful begging (a.k.a., non-denominational prayer) – this is a form of surrender that doesn’t have to be about religion. You can ask for support from the Universe, God, Source, your Higher Power or whatever feels right to you.
- When choosing a health practitioner, choose someone who feels good (and healing) to you – the energy of a healing presence goes a long way toward supporting our best health. Studies also show that when we are with supportive people we genuinely feel safe with, it can change our biology and set the stage for healing.
The Sweep (A Belief-Clearing Meditation)
Let’s sweep limiting beliefs out of the subconscious mind – below is a brief version of the beautiful mediation Amy took us through on the show (the extended version and instructions are in her book, How to Heal Yourself When No One Else Can):
Place your hands on your heart and connect to your higher self.
Now say these words out loud:
Even though I have this __(state belief)___, I acknowledge it’s no longer working for me.
I give my subconscious full permission to help me clear it, from all of my cells in all of my body, permanently and completely.
I am now free to thank it for serving me in the past
I am now free to release all resistances to letting it go
I am now free to release all ideas that I need this to stay safe
I am now free to release all ideas that I need it for any reason
All of my being is healing and clearing this energy now, including any stress response stored in my cells
And so it is done.
Nutrition and Supplements You May Find Helpful
These are wonderful remedies that came up in response to our caller’s questions.
- For gut health, indigestion and joint health (including symptoms of arthritis) – learn how to make this simple Indigestion & Joint Health Elixir from The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty & Longevity.
- For arthritis (osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis), carpel tunnel syndrome and muscle tone – Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides is a gentle collagen supplement that you can put into hot or cold liquids. Two to four scoops per day (or 2 scoops per day with a cup of bone broth per day) can really help with symptoms of arthritis. Give it 6 – 8 months of daily use to notice a difference if you’ve had long-standing symptoms. This is usually the time it takes to regain lost muscle tone as well.
For Cancer, Radiation, Anxiety and Brain Health:
- Miso Master Organic Red Miso Soup – studies show that 3 cups of miso soup (miso aged 6 months to 2 years) per day helps with cancer and radiation treatment recovery. If you add the miso to bone broth, you have the added benefit of helping to heal the gut and blood brain barrier, reducing inflammation and boosting immunity. You can often find this miso in the health food store or online.
- CBD Oil – This is the cannabidiol from hemp plants and is non-psychotropic, which means it does not make you high. Studies have found that the CBD in hemp can target the body’s endocannabinoid receptors, creating an anti-inflammatory effect. Stimulation of the endocannabinoid system is associated with the protection of healthy cells. CBD is being used successfully in some cases of cancer, MS, Alzheimer’s and has been found to reduce pain, anxiety and increase blood flow to the brain. One company that uses wildcrafted (pesticide free), non-GMO hemp to make CBD oil is CannaVest. They get their hemp from Holland. There are two types of CBD Oil, Green Label and Gold Label. Green has the whole plant included in the oil and the Gold extracts the plant and is a more concentrated CBD oil. If you are sensitive to oxalates (a property in green plants) or have a lot of mysterious digestive issues, start with CBD Gold label, just make sure to use a tiny dose, maybe starting with 1/2 or even 1/4 of the recommended dose (typically, you get 4 doses per small container, so you might turn that into 8 or 12 doses to start slowly).
Acid Reflux, Stress and Nerve Issues
It’s not uncommon to burn through B vitamins and minerals when under stress, especially chronic stress. Here are some supplement options:
- Ox Bile (and maybe Betaine HCl with Pepsin) – People with acid reflux upon eating fats or meat may actually need to support their gallbladder. Ox bile can help your digestion. Start low with 125 mg of Nutricology Ox Bile or Standard Process Cholacol. It’s possible the acid reflux is actually from low stomach acid. The book I co-authored, Loving Yourself to Great Health, has an excellent guide for an at-home test to check the status of your stomach acid levels. If your stomach acid is low, a Betaine HCl with Pepsin supplement could be really helpful to support your digestion.
- Vitamin B12 – Seeking Health Active B12 sublingual is a great option (this is both active forms of B12, methyl B12 and adenosyl B12)
- Anderson’s Sea MD – a wide base of liquid minerals that can help regulate sodium in acid reflux conditions or to restore mineral balance. Minerals are also wonderful for supporting the nervous system, reducing anxiety and promoting better sleep.
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, when sound healing innovator and Louise Hay’s boyfriend, Dr. Jeffrey Thompson, will join me as we discuss unique ways to use music and nutrition to heal your digestive system.
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019