My client, Jamie, was experiencing a very bad cold and became concerned that it would move into bronchitis, as it had so many years in the past. After we talked about her health, I decided to go into my kitchen (my own personal pharmacy!) and craft a recipe that would support her in healing.
Since she was also working on gut health, I decided to get a little creative and see what happened. The result was actually quite tasty and packed with all kinds of health benefits, including horseradish, a spice that has been found to kick bronchitis to the curb.
Horseradish treat colds and helps move mucous and congestion out of the system. We should all take horseradish for congestion and bronchitis because studies show that it not only works but also acts as a natural antibiotic.
Here’s the recipe and a little about the medicinal ingredients…
Horseradish Rescue Remedy
- 1 cup sauerkraut (I love raw cultured vegetables, the kind with no vinegar and no sugar, like the stuff we can make at home or Goldmine or Rejuvenative Foods brand. Cultured vegetables are full of gut-healing, digestion-enhancing, nutrient-rich probiotics).
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides – this is denatured collagen, that can help line your intestines and protect them from pathogens. Collagen is the support structure that holds our body together – skin, bones, joints teeth, muscles, hair, nails, eyes, heart and digestive organs. It contains properties that people pay a lot for in joint health remedies and anti-wrinkle creams. It’s real stardom is in how it heals and seals the gut and then gives the body strong structure and support.
- 1 teaspoon horseradish – fresh or dried, horseradish is great to have on hand for flavor and medicinal benefits. It’s long been used to treat colds and helps to move mucous out of the system, clearing congestion. It’s also been used to treat kidney stones. It’s jam-packed with antioxidants and several studies in Germany and the US, horseradish has been considered a natural antibiotic for bronchitis, ear infections, food poisoning, flu, pneumonia, sinusitis and urinary tract infections.
- 1 clove garlic (has many immune-boosting, heart and cancer-protective properties)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch rosemary (a great immune-booster)
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (has immune-boosting, anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory properties)
- Pinch black pepper
- Put all ingredients into a food processor or blender and blend well. It’s a snack or side dish.
Jamie ate this for 3 days and started to feel the congestion breaking up. Today (two weeks later), she reported that she’s back to good health and the cold never turned into bronchitis as it has so many years in the past.
Hooray for Nature and Our Body’s Capacity to Heal!
I’d love to hear about your healing remedies! Some of you shared some in the past week and I’m excited to try them! Let’s keep sharing so that we can all fill our kitchen-pharmacies with delicious healing remedies!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019