Magnesium makes a fantastic homemade deodorant because it gets rid of odor, plus, most of us need more magnesium, so we get the bonus of absorbing magnesium through the skin! (more on why 80% or more of people are magnesium deficient)
Here’s How to Make Deodorant
Use magnesium oil and if you want, you can add a couple drops of your favorite essential oil. Lavender and cypress makes a wonderful combination! (Ancient Minerals brand magnesium oil is sold at Amazon)
Use Milk of Magnesia (Make sure the ingredients read only: magnesium hydroxide and filtered water. Good Sense brand original is one brand that does not have additives. Avoid Phillip’s brand.). If you like, you can add essential oils of your choice.
What do you use? Some people like coconut oil, baking soda or epsom salts. What are you using and liking?
My Latest Homemade Deodorant Recipe
- 5 TBL Milk of Magnesia
- 3 drops 40/40 lavender from Mountain Rose Herbs
- Put in a glass container with a stainless steel or glass roller ball like this and shake up.
This mixture rolls on very easily and dries quickly.
This is not an antiperspirant, but it is effective for eliminating odor. Antiperspirants stop the body from doing what it’s supposed to do (sweat = cleanse) and has chemicals that often stain white shirts and are toxic to the human body.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019