Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “Health for Highly Sensitive People: Why Your Environment Matters”
- Live Broadcast: February 8, 2016 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Special Guest: Terah Kathryn Collins – Author, Teacher and Feng Shui Expert joins Heather to discuss why your home and other environments matter when you want to feel your best! Western School of Feng Shui | Facebook
Terah is a best-selling author and the founder of the Western School of Feng Shui®. She is also the originator of Essential Feng Shui®, which focuses on the many valuable applications Feng Shui has in our Western culture while honoring the essence of its Eastern heritage. Her 6 inspirational books on the subject have sold over a million copies worldwide.
With a passion for transformational education, Terah founded the Western School of Feng Shui® in 1996. Thousands of people from 26 countries around the world have taken her live and online training programs.
Featured on the PBS Body and Soul TV series, Terah has spoken on Essential Feng Shui® at many special events, including the Magical Mastery and Today’s Wisdom Tours in Australia, and the Women of Wisdom, I Can Do It Hay House, and Empowering Women Conferences throughout the United States.
Learn more about Terah: www.westernschooloffengshui.com
Episode Summary Re-cap
In today’s show, Heather Dane and her guest, Feng Shui expert and bestselling author, Terah Kathryn Collins revealed how to approach your home and other environments so that you can feel your best. In this show, we discussed how to identify patterns of disharmony in your environment and how to shift the energy for health, happiness and harmony.
The lists above build on our show from last week.
It’s important to nourish your nervous system, immune system, gut and brain because HSPs tend to have issues in these areas from long-term stress. According to Chinese medicine, we take in energy from the outside world through our nervous systems (the back of our body). As you sense energy, your nervous system is being hit and it’s not uncommon for this to produce a stress response. Over time, this chronic stressor can fray the nervous system.
These supplements are very helpful to bring your nervous system back to good health. They also nourish your immune system, gut and brain.
- 8 oz. water, ½ fresh squeezed lemon, ¼ tsp sea salt or if you are sensitive to sodium, try a product called Trace Minerals 40,000 Volts, which has a wide base of minerals with a little extra potassium.
- If you have chronic fatigue, make sure you get potassium. Add Tart cherry juice concentrate or organic blackstrap molasses – 1 TBL (see article on mineral and adrenal support drink).
B Vitamins – B12, (B6, Biotin, methyl folate)
- Methyl B12 and Adenosyl B12 (also called methylcobolamin and adenosylcobolamin) – Seeking Health Active B12 lozenges is a sublingual version of both of these active forms of B12.
- Methyl B12 shots – these may be incredibly helpful if you have chronic issues – chronic fatigue, neuropathy, MS, fibromyalgia, autoimmune conditions. Learn more about the symptoms of B12 deficiency.
- Methyl folate – this is the active form of folate. Folic acid is the synthetic form of folate and is not recommended because a high percentage of people can’t process it properly, so it build up, creating unpleasant symptoms. Some good brands are: Thorne 5-mthf or Seeking Health Liposomal 5-mthf
- Biotin – biotin is a B vitamin that helps to cleanse the system. It’s been used to clear out candida and nourish hair, skin and nails. It can help support mineral balance. A good brand is Nutricology Biotin.
This Ayurvedic herb supports detox, digestive health and nervous system balance.
- Triphala literally means “three fruits.” The three fruits contained in Triphala are Haritaki, Amalaki and Bibhitaki.
- Balances stomach acid and supports muscles, liver, colon, eyes and skin.
- Nourishes the digestive tract, reproductive system, immune system and nervous system
- Helps with constipation and detoxification
- Promotes longevity
- Using the powder: Mix ½ teaspoon in 8 oz. water.
- Using capsules: A good organic brand is Trifal by Ayush Herbs
Evaluate Your Home and Bedroom for Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs)
These hit your nervous system and can cause chronic, low level stress. The highest sources of EMFs in the home: WiFi, cordless phones, baby monitors, cell phones. Smart Meters are also a high source of EMFs and are being added to the outside of homes by the electric companies to monitor electricity usage.
- Turn off your WiFi at night – WiFi is one of the biggest sources of electromagnetic fields. Turning off the WiFi can help you sleep better, so that you can heal and restore your body at night.
- Remove phones and electronics from your room.
- Try not to sleep near electrical outlets.
- Do not sit or sleep near Smart Meters or fuse boxes that are inside or outside your home.
Terah’s Gifts to You
Terah is offering several free resources to get you started transforming your environment to reflect health, happiness and relationships!
Western School of Feng Shui Resources
This is the tool you can use in your home or office to identify areas in your home that correspond with your goals in life.
A list of the 10 basic Ch’i Enhancements that you can use in any environment.
Clearing clutter can transform your life. Learn a few simple steps for effective clutter clearing.
Take a few moments to score the following list to reveal the influences in your current lifestyle. If your weekdays are very different from your weekends, score it from a weekday perspective and then again from a weekend perspective to see how they compare. Make note of how your current lifestyle could be balanced or enhanced and make any necessary changes as soon as possible. And more!
Terah’s Feng Shui Books
Click here to learn more about Terah’s books.
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, we’re rebroadcasting “Rx for Winter Skin: Home Remedies for Beautiful Skin & Hair” with special Guest: Lorene Davies – Trainer, Author and Entrepreneur.
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019