Sustainability: How to Heal the Planet & Your Body With A Zero Waste Mindset
Live Streaming Video Event
Tuesday, May 10, 2016 at 6:00 pm Pacific Time / 9:00 pm Eastern Time
Register for the 1-hour live streaming video event below, and you will also get a link to the video recording, so that you can watch it anytime after the event.
According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, 40 percent of food is thrown away somewhere between farm to fork, equating to a $165 billion loss each year for the US in resources including energy, land and water. The San Diego Food System Alliance‘s mission is to create more awareness around the issue of food waste and provide some practical tips for trying out waste prevention methods at home.
With this in mind, Heather Dane, co-author with Louise Hay of The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty and Longevity, and award-winning sustainability advocate and chef, Rob Ruiz, are partnering with the San Diego Food System Alliance to offer a free live streaming-video event to show you how to transform your health and the health of the planet by shifting to a zero waste mindset.
Find out how to make delicious plant-based meals and animal protein dishes with foods that are often overlooked or thrown in the trash! Learn easy tips to make bone broth and vegan vegetable broth.
Bone broth can help reduce animal protein consumption by up to 85%; and making bone broth and vegetable broth enables the use of scraps that would otherwise be thrown in the trash. These scraps have tremendous nutritional value and can stretch your food budget!
All attendees will receive a link to a live streaming video for this fun, educational event that will reveal the following…
- The myths and truths about sustainability and how we can all play our part.
- The lost art of a zero waste mindset that will revolutionize your kitchen and your health.
- Cooking tips for making often overlooked, yet nutrient-dense foods taste delicious.
- How overlooked food that often ends up in the trash could actually contribute to stronger bones, younger skin, healthier joints and more energy.
- Cooking tips from award-winning Chef Rob Ruiz for making overlooked food taste delicious.
- Transformational health and nutrition tips, plus easy at-home zero waste, budget-saving tips from certified health coach and 21st Century Medicine Woman, Heather Dane.
Register below – we’ll send you the link on Monday, May 9th
(we’ll also send a reminder on May 10th)
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019
@SplendidTable Live video w/@ChefRobRuiz international sustainability award-winner 5/10:https://t.co/ZlitmtQV0k https://t.co/WA890fvDW8
Don’t live in San Diego? Watch via free live-streaming! Zero waste cooking demo: https://t.co/ZlitmtQV0k https://t.co/oWn0oIki2P
Thank you Heather for your generosity!
Healing the Planet & Your Body With a Zero Waste Mindset – Heather Dane https://t.co/iYxyT8CbO7
According to the Natural Resources Defense Council, 40 percent of food is thrown away somewhere between farm to… https://t.co/me4083XWao
Healing the Planet & Your Body With A Zero Waste Mindset – Heather Dane https://t.co/BLY2rrC0NB
@innrjrnyradio Thank you, look forward to seeing you at Carlsbad’s hottest Unwasted Food Pop Up Dinner https://t.co/SY6nZSXug3
It’s happening Tue 5/10 – San Diego’s Sustainability Pop Up Dinner https://t.co/SY6nZSXug3
@ChefRobRuiz and I are hosting an online event on #sustainability tomorrow. Register now: https://t.co/H50AMfJDJz https://t.co/1OOY56G5ew
Have you signed up for today’s video event on #sustainability with @ChefRobRuiz and myself? https://t.co/zwWtyn5Eq8 https://t.co/iICjIfG1Ui
Live stream in 20min. Sustainability and a Zero Waste Mindset https://t.co/GWc02KsXwl https://t.co/3De3iUvV8g
#sustainability @TheLandWaterCo with @ChefRobRuiz #healthybody #bonebroth #zerowaste https://t.co/GWc02KsXwl