A Green smoothie may not sound too appetizing to the average person, and particularly not to kids used to eating the standard American diet! This green smoothie is a gentle entre into loving smoothies that will be kind to most people’s tastebuds.
The green Granny Smith apple provides just the right amount of sweetness and it combines well with vegetables from a food combining perspective, which means it’s easier for your body to digest. All other fruits are usually not as well tolerated when combined with vegetables if you are experiencing gut issues and you want to reduce the stress on your digestive system.
Granny Smith apples also have the highest phytonutrients of any other apple. Cinnamon aids digestion and is a natural anti-inflammatory. Have this for breakfast or a snack and you are sure to get lots of easily digestible greens into your body!
- 10 minutes or less.
- Serves 2 – 4 people (about 4 cups of smoothie)
- 2 cups filtered water
- 2 cups green leaf or red leaf lettuce
- 1 green Granny Smith apple
- 4 carrots, peeled
- 2 large stalks celery
- 2 TBL cilantro (fresh)
- 1 TBL ground cinnamon
- Core and slice the apple and combine it with all ingredients into your high speed blender. (AVitamix or Blendtek works really well for smoothies, but you can also use any blender or a Nutribullet. Some blenders that are not high speed may require you to chop your carrots, celery and apple up a bit more).
- Blend up all ingredients, until everything is completely smooth.
- Pour into glasses and serve
Add 4 – 6 drops of Urban Moonshine Organic Citrus Bitters per cup of smoothie and blend. This will add a nice flavor and help your body digest the smoothie. Add 2 drops of stevia per cup of smoothie if you want a sweeter taste.
Remember, digestion begins in your mouth! To get your digestive juices flowing, sip slowly and chew your smoothie.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019