This is a slightly sweet quick ginger bread that is easy to make and makes a wonderful alternative to those standard breakfast standbys: muffins and donuts. Full of protein and mood and digestion boosting spices, this is a healthy, tasty treat for anytime of day!
The gingerbread can be enjoyed alone or for a really wonderful fall or winter treat, add the cinnamon orange coconut butter topping and you’ll have a delicious dessert that will remind you of ginger bread.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 6 dates (about 1/4 cup or use 1/4 cup honey or 2 mashed bananas)
- 3/4 cup organic coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 TBL vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a bread loaf pan (preferably glass or silicone) with coconut oil or raw, grass fed butter.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well: Combine all ingredients for bread and blend until thoroughly mixed and the coconut flour has absorbed all of the liquids.
- If you do not have a food processor or immersion blender, avoid using dates and instead, use honey or mashed bananas for your sweetener).
- If you have a food processor, put all ingredients in your food processor with the S-blade.
- Pour batter into your greased bread loaf pan and bake for 30 – 45 minutes. You may want to check periodically with a toothpick or fork tines by inserting into the middle of the bread. When the toothpick or fork tines come out clean, your bread is done baking. The bread will dry out if you leave it in too long. If you like a moister bread, you can take it out earlier, at the 25 – 30 minute mark. Press the top of the loaf with your finger and if it’s pretty firm, it’s done. You can also take out the bread and slice it with a sharp knife to see if it is done to your liking.
- When your bread is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool before removing it from the pan.
- Once the bread is cooled, slice and eat plain or add your favorite topping, like coconut oil, raw pasture fed butter or apple butter.
Cinnamon Orange Coconut Butter Ingredients
- ½ cup coconut oil (organic, unrefined/virgin)
- ¼ cup dates
- 2 TBL vanilla
- 2 TBL juice from a fresh orange
- 1 TBL cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
Cinnamon Orange Coconut Butter Instructions
- Put all ingredients into a food processor with an S-blade and process until completely blended.
Drizzle the cinnamon orange coconut butter over the top of the bread and enjoy! This is even better if you warm up the bread slightly before serving. Just put the slices you are serving into your oven on the lowest temperature for about 5 minutes, then remove and drizzle with the coconut butter topping. Garnish with orange slices and mint leaves.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019