Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “Feng Shui & Your Health: Room by Room”
- Live Broadcast: May 9th, 2016 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Episode Replays: Mondays at 11:00 pm Pacific Time / 2:00 am Eastern Time and Sundays at 2:00 pm Pacific Time / 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Episode Summary Re-cap
Discover how to make small changes in key rooms in your home to enhance your health, energy, well-being and joy!
Special Guest: Terah Kathryn Collins – Terah is a best-selling author and the founder of the Western School of Feng Shui®. She is also the originator of Essential Feng Shui®, which focuses on the many valuable applications Feng Shui has in our Western culture while honoring the essence of its Eastern heritage. Her 6 inspirational books on the subject have sold over a million copies worldwide.
With a passion for transformational education, Terah founded the Western School of Feng Shui® in 1996. Thousands of people from 26 countries around the world have taken her live and online training programs.
Featured on the PBS Body and Soul TV series, Terah has spoken on Essential Feng Shui® at many special events, including the Magical Mastery and Today’s Wisdom Tours in Australia, and the Women of Wisdom, I Can Do It Hay House, and Empowering Women Conferences throughout the United States.
Feng Shui Tips for Your Health
What is Feng Shui?
Every square inch counts equally…Feng Shui is the study of how your environment impacts the quality of your life, especially your home and work environments where you spend so much of your time. When you open your Feng Shui eyes, you can see the things in your environment that hold your challenges in place, and know what to do to change them.
I realized how powerful Feng Shui was when I made an important observation. I had been treating some areas of my home as way more important than others. For instance, I thought of my living room as way more important than my garage. With my Feng Shui eyes open, I suddenly saw that every square inch counts equally in the environmental body of my home, just like every cell and organ of our bodies count!
Both our homes and our bodies are holistic systems made up of parts that are all equally and uniquely contributing to our health and well-being. There’s no healthy cell less worthy than another healthy cell, and the same is true with our abodes. So, every closet, cabinet, back bathroom, attic, etc., deserves the same tender loving care we may give to the rest of the house.
Examples of How Our Homes Impact Our Health
We are constantly being influenced by what surrounds us. There are many studies that have been done about this, including one on hospital patients who healed much faster in rooms with a window to gaze out of, as opposed to those in rooms with no window.
And, there are many influences you can see through your Feng Shui eyes that you may not have noticed before. Subtle becomes obvious! For instance, I worked with a man dealing with autoimmune issues who didn’t realize that the Jacuzzi full of stagnant, stinky water in his side yard could be impacting his health. He chose to empty it and sell it, removing a huge pocket of stagnation from his space and dramatically improving his health.
In another case, a woman struggling with nicotine addiction had a prominent houseplant that grew in segments the exact shape the length of cigarettes. The plant held a constant suggestion for another cigarette in place. She removed the plant – which once she recognized its influence she called her ‘giant cigarette machine’ – and stopped smoking.
Tips for Using Feng Shui to Enhance Your Health
- Dedicated space – Make sure you have dedicated places to truly work, completely rest, and happily play so that you can live a balanced lifestyle.
- Obesity – Remove the congestion or clutter in your home.
- Insomnia – Cover or remove mirrors from the bedroom.
- Heart problems – assess your heart connection with your possessions.
- Diabetes – Remove anything assocociated with sorrow. Surround self with ‘sweet’ memories/associations.
- Autoimmune conditions and cancer – Do a safety check: eliminate sharp corners, dark areas, scary/negative art; install night lights and window treatments. Enhance comfort and beauty in your own style – fabulous, natural bedding, chairs (no ‘high-heels’) very uplifting art and décor
Four Primary Areas to Enhance Your Health in Your Environment
- Totally declutter and enhance your kitchen – let go of excess items; check the exp. dates on food; let go of anything that holds negative memories/associations; enhance with fresh fruit/flowers; store knives out of sight; improve lighting
- Enhance the dining room/area – décor, candles/lighting, art, views from chairs.
- You can map your home like a tictactoe board to find 2 areas directly related to health – middle left ( stagnant hot tub and cigarette-shaped cactus both in health area).
- Enhance the center of the home – no clutter!
Free Resources From Terah
Terah is offering several free resources to get you started transforming your environment to reflect health, happiness and relationships!
Western School of Feng Shui Resources
This is the tool you can use in your home or office to identify areas in your home that correspond with your goals in life.
A list of the 10 basic Ch’i Enhancements that you can use in any environment.
Clearing clutter can transform your life. Learn a few simple steps for effective clutter clearing.
Take a few moments to score the following list to reveal the influences in your current lifestyle. If your weekdays are very different from your weekends, score it from a weekday perspective and then again from a weekend perspective to see how they compare. Make note of how your current lifestyle could be balanced or enhanced and make any necessary changes as soon as possible. And more!
Terah’s Feng Shui Books
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, I will have Joan Grinzi and Annie Dru Allshouse joining me from the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation! We are going to reveal the top traditional foods that help you heal and thrive. See you next week!
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019