How Often Do You Listen to Your Own Voice?
If you clench your jaw or tighten your throat – or if you have soreness and tension in these areas, you may be suppressing your true voice. Headaches and migraines may also be an indicator of people pleasing – or not going with your own desires/meeting your own needs.
How often do you do what YOU want to do, regardless of what others will think? Try this experiment – I’d love to hear from you about what you found!
This Experiment Requires that You Really Pay Attention as You Go about Your Day
- Notice how you feel as you go about your normal day. Just witness your feelings and how your body feels (achy, tense, relaxed?). Do not judge, just watch and pay attention.
- See what reactions occur as you experience different events during the day.
- Pick one thing to do your own way sometime during the day. Something you can do to indulge yourself – forgetting all the “shoulds” and messages from others about the “right” way to do something.
- If you’re not sure about this, consider closing your eyes and really paying attention to your body. Our intuition is often stored in our body – kind of like the “gut reaction” we’ve all experienced. Ask yourself, how do I really want to do this? Let the answer come to you. If you’re not getting an answer right away, let it come to you at another time in the day.
- To “hear” the answer, listen for that little whisper that you get sometimes – that you often ignore. What is it saying? Listen for what you gut says – it may be a feeling or an emotion. Typically, once you get it, you know it’s right.
- Now just do it your way! See how you feel afterwards.
- What was it like?
- What did you learn?
- Did you trust yourself?
- What advice do you have to share after trying this?
- Is this something you can do in other areas of your life?
Can You Hear Me Now?
Share your experience with us below – we can all learn from each other! Or…
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019