Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “EMFs: The Hidden Health Danger You Need to Know About”
- Live Broadcast: Monday, January 16th, 2016 at 3:00 pm PT
Episode Summary Re-cap
If you are intuitive, highly sensitive or have adrenal fatigue, thyroid issues, or a chronic health condition, electromagnetic fields (EMFs) may be zapping your energy. Discover why EMFs interfere with the body’s ability to heal, why they are so hard to detect and which electronics are among the worst offenders. Learn how to protect yourself and your loved ones from EMFs and give your body and mind a big healing boost.
David Getoff, CCN, CTN, FAAIM is a Board Certified Traditional Naturopath, a Board Certified Clinical Nutritionist, a Fellow of the American Association of Integrative medicine, an elected member of The American College of Nutrition, The International College of Integrative Medicine, The New York Academy of Sciences and the American Society for Nutrition and is the vice president of the 64 year old nonprofit Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation. He is also on the teaching faculty of the American College of Integrative Medicine and Dentistry in New Jersey.
David is board certified in integrative medicine, has developed and produced over a dozen educational holistic health DVD’s on topics including cancer, heart disease, diabetes and detoxification and is the co-author of Reduce Blood Pressure Naturally.
David is on the scientific advisory board (non-paid positions) of a number of top manufacturers and is often asked for opinions as new products are being developed.
David is licensed in Nutrition in the State of New York, in Naturopathy in the State of North Carolina and has a waiting list private practice in El Cajon California. He has also developed the 10 week course entitled Attaining Optimal Health in the 21st Century which he has been teaching to packed classrooms through the Grossmont/Cuyamaca College extended studies program and the Price Pottenger Nutrition Foundation every semester for the past 20+ years. This 30+ hour course is now available to be purchased by the public on-line through the Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation for those who do not live in San Diego County.
David has been a paid presenter at numerous scientific medical, nutritional, dental and organic agriculture conferences around the U.S. and has given many one and two day seminars on diet, supplements and detoxification.
“There is no treatment or drug which can overcome or negate the effects of a poor diet, inadequate nutrition, lack of exercise, and an unhealthy life style.”
David Getoff, Naturopath
Learn more about David Getoff
Recorded Audio and Video Classes available for purchase from the non-profit Price-Pottenger Nutrition Foundation
EMFs: The Hidden Health Danger You Need to Know About
What Are Electromagnetic Fields?
Electromagnetic Fields (EMFs) come from electronics, WiFi, microwave radiation, cordless phones, wireless technology, high tension power lines, cell phones, baby monitors, and cell phone towers are sources of electromagnetic fields. Electromagnetic fields create tremendous stress on the body and nervous system, which can make it difficult for people to heal, especially if one has a chronic condition. Some options you have are to remove cordless phones from your home and use only corded phones, put your phone on airplane mode when not in use and keep it out of your bedroom. You may also be able to turn your WiFi off at night.
How Do Electromagnetic Fields Affect Your Health?
EMFs are inflammatory – EMFs contribute to the following four health issues:
1. Memory issues
2. Autoimmune disease
3. Any disease
4. Neurological disease
Symptoms you may experience from EMF exposure – Everyone is different in how they experience EMFs. Symptoms can vary widely. Here are some examples:
- Skin rash, burning sensations
- Trouble getting to sleep or staying asleep or feeling unrefreshed after a night of sleep
- Mood issues – irritability, anxiety, anger or any emotional imbalance (these are the most frequent)
- Brain fog, scattered thinking, and memory issues
- Tics, shaking
- Cancer – especially breast cancer, childhood leukemia and lymphoma from high voltage power lines
- Muscle and body aches and pains
- Digestive issues
Strategies to Reduce Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields
- Move all electronics, especially wireless electronics (cell phones, alarm clocks, television, computer, etc.) at least 2-3 feet away from your body or out of the room.
- Turn off WiFi at night. If you are very sensitive to WiFi, you may want to look into a hard-wired situation instead of using WiFi. However, be aware that if you live in a city or apartment building, you may still have “electrosmog” from neighbors’ WiFi.
- Replace cordless phones with corded phones.
- Use gas stoves instead of electric induction stoves.
- Limit cell phone and iPad use.
- Replace wireless mouse and keyboard with wired options.
- Consider a rural living location without high-tension power lines, cell towers or antennae or other satellites nearby.
- Do not have electronics plugged in near your head when sleeping or sitting in a room.
- Make sure you are not spending time near where the electric meter is in your home. In many buildings, there is one place for all of the meters. Avoid being near that area.
- Avoid fluorescent and halogen lights.
- Choose lower EMF products like baby monitors, hair dryers, phones, etc. (see links below).
- Eat a natural whole food diet to keep your body strong and consider supplements to strengthen your body.
Natural & Nutritional Tips to Strengthen Your Body & Protect from EMFs
The following supplements are great options to strengthen your body, mind and nervous system to protect from the negative affects of EMFs.
Adaptogens – Herbs that protect your body from emotional and physical stress.
Vitamin B12 – One good supplement to take if you are sensitive to EMFs is vitamin B12 (in its active form of methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin) because it helps to strengthen your nervous system and support organ health. See notes above about where to get B12 and how to take it. One of my favorites is sublingual B12, like Seeking Health Active B12. Put it under your lip or tongue and allow to dissolve as slowly as possible. B12 can help with digestion, energy, better sleep, better moods, nerve regeneration and organ health.
Minerals – Anderson’s Sea MD and real salt, like Celtic Sea Salt and Himalayan salt are great sources of trace minerals to keep your nervous system grounded, boost your energy and calm stress levels.
Triphala – An Ayurvedic herb that has beneficial effects on your digestion and nervous system. A great organic option is Ayush Trifal.
Shungite – This stone has been shown to have protective benefits against EMFs.
Here are some books and links to learn more about EMFs and how to protect yourself.
Products & Research
LessEMF.com – products for EMF protection and reduced EMF exposure.
StetzerElectric.com – products for EMF protection
Magdahavas.com – EMF scientific research
Shungite: Protection, Healing & Detoxification by Regina Martino
Cell Phones: Invisible Hazards in the Wireless Age: An Insider’s Alarming Discoveries about Cancer and Genetic Damage by George Carlo and Martin Schram
David Getoff’s Podcasts on EMFs– Listen to interviews with David to more about EMFs.
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, Dr. Tom O’Brien will be with me talking about gluten, autoimmune disease and strategies to heal your gut, body and brain!
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019