Cranberry sauce can be easy and absolutely delicious when sweetened with dates or honey! Trust me on this.
- 4 cups cranberries
- 2 sliced granny smith apples
- ¼ – ¾ cup dates, date paste or honey (start with ¼ cup and once you have all the spices and sea salt mixed in, taste to see if it’s sweet enough for you, add more if you want it a bit sweeter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ½ tsp ginger (optional)
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- In a saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Add all of the ingredients (except honey if you are using honey as your sweetener) and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer until the cranberries and apples are soft (about 5 – 7 minutes).
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 3 – 5 minutes. Then, if you are using honey as your sweetener, add it in.
- Mix up with a whisk to blend everything together and it’s ready to serve!
Most of these recipes can be prepared 2–3 days before serving to make your kitchen time easier and give you more time to connect with friends and family on Thanksgiving day. Remember to ask your loved ones to pitch in and your guests to bring one of these side dishes! View the Complete Thanksgiving Menu…
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019