This smoothie has a fun orange creamsicle color and is just as delicious, only much healthier!
This nourishing fruit and veggie, collagen smoothie is a delicious way to promote better skin, hair, nails, bones, muscles and digestive power.
Yield: 1 smoothie
- 1 cup fitered water
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides or ¼ cup neutral bone broth (The Bone Broth Secret has several recipes for neutral bone broth, which has a mild, undetectable flavor)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut in half (equivalent to approximately ½ cup sliced)
- 1 green Granny Smith apple, sliced in chunks
- 3 tablespoons coconut butter (also called coconut cream)
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch sea salt or Himalayan salt
- Pinch allspice
- Optional: 2 tablespoons blueberries, 2 drops stevia or 1 teaspoon honey
- Put all ingredients into your blender and blend well.
- Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, if you like a colder smoothie.
- If you want this to be colder for serving immediately, you can slice the apples the night before and freeze them.
- Taste the smoothie. If you want your smoothie a bit sweeter, you can add frozen blueberries, stevia or honey.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019