Chocolate Silk Mousse, because who doesn’t love a good dessert?
This is a vegan dessert recipe that is super fast, delicious, and packed with nutrients. The ginger adds a nice flair and a bonus as an anti-inflammatory and digestion-aiding spice!
- 1 cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup pure maple syrup (or raw honey)
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds and 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 cup raw organic cacao
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger
- Optional: 3 drops Urban Moonshine Citrus Bitters
- Grease a 9” pie dish or small bowls or jars with coconut oil.
- Mix the ground flax seeds and hot water, allowing to sit for a few minutes.
- Place all of the ingredients in your food processor with the S-blade and process until fully mixed. Taste and add more sweetener or sea salt to taste, if desired.
- If you want to make a chocolate silk crustless pie, pour the mixture into a pie baking dish and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
- For individual chocolate mousse cups, pour the mixture into the containers and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with raw cacao nibs, edible flowers, raspberries, strawberries, or sprigs of mint.
- Store in the refrigerator.
(Visited 924 times, 1 visits today)
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019