Here’s my latest chocolate avocado pudding recipe (vegan). Taste testers gave a huge thumbs up, so I wanted to share it with you. It could be a nice dessert for the weekend!
The spices are balanced across the 6 tastes in Ayurvedic medicine. They balance the sweetness, help to regulate blood sugar, and boost digestion. The result is, you are satisfied with just one serving and it doesn’t induce cravings.
- 3 avocados
- 1/2 – 1 cup raw cacao (see instructions below)
- 6 dates, taste and see if you want more dates
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 – 1 tsp sea salt (taste at 1/2 and add more if desired)
- One tip with dates: if you don’t have a high speed blender, you can pit your dates, put them in 2 tablespoons of hot water and let them sit for 30 minutes to get nice and soft. Then you can mix them up to a paste consistency and use your regular blender or a bowl and good whisk or wooden spoon to mix this whole recipe, until completely smooth.
- Put all ingredients in a blender, starting with 1/2 cup raw cacao powder, 6 dates and 1/2 tsp sea salt. Blend until completely smooth. Add a little water (2 tablespoons at a time) if you need a thinner consistency to blend. Taste. If you want a more chocolaty taste, add 1/2 cup more raw cacao powder. If you want a sweeter flavor, add 2 more dates, blend up and taste again until you are satisfied! If you want to balance the sweet and add more minerals, add the extra 1/2 tsp sea salt.
- I tend to like a nice, dark chocolate flavor, so I use the whole cup of raw cacao powder, but everyone’s tastes are different!
- Serve with red berries and enjoy!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019