These cardamom carrots are a nice, naturally sweet change from typical cooked carrots. Cardamom gives them a sweet, rich taste. The recipe below should serve 4.
- 15 minutes
- 1 bunch carrots (about 2 cups when grated)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp basil
- 1 small pinch of celery powder (less than 1/8 tsp)
- Peel your carrots, then grate them with a grater or food processor. If you do not have a grater or grater piece to your food processor, you can just finely chop them by pulsing your food processor with the S-blade several times until they are in small pieces.
- In a skillet or saucepan, add carrots and all ingredients. Cook on low until carrots are soft. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on their own or as a topping for burgers or salad. This is delicious on Romaine lettuce with steamed slices of zucchini and yellow squash, drizzled with a little coconut oil.
(Visited 501 times, 1 visits today)
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019