Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “Are You are Wired for Success, Health & Happiness?”
- Live Broadcast: March 28th, 2016 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Episode Summary Re-cap
Would you like more ease in your health, career and relationships?
Like Meyers-Briggs and the Enneagram, the Five Elements in Chinese medicine reveal the keys to how you are wired for success. The five elements also reveal important clues to empower your health and happiness. Find out how.
Special Guest: Dondi Dahlin Dondi is the daughter of Donna Eden a leader in the field of Energy Medicine and founder of Eden Energy Medicine. Dondi has a diverse background, having grown up in the world of Energy Medicine and show business!
She is a member of the Screen Actors Guild, and won the titles of both “Belly Dancer of the Universe” and “Outstanding Speaker in the Nation.” She has performed in over 30 countries, and is one of the few American dancers to have had a successful career in the Middle East. She has even performed for celebrities, such as: Omar Sharif, Angie Dickinson, Peter Fonda, and Jimmy Buffet.
Dondi co-authored The Little Book of Energy Medicine with her mother, Donna. She also just finished her own book, The Five Elements, which will be released by Tarcher in 2016. She also created “The Wednesday Energy Minutes” which are 60-second clips based on Energy Medicine techniques and filmed at locations across the globe.
Dondi travels with her Mom, Donna Eden spreading Eden Energy Medicine and the Five Elements through international workshops, and she is a sought-after speaker and MC for conventions and conferences. Learnthefiveelements.com | Facebook
How to Use the Five Elements to Enhance Your Health, Relationships & Career
An Overview of the 5 Elements, Including Strengths and Challenges
- Water – Love to dive deep, focused on their inner world, very creative, is an ideas person and may experience depression. They can have great courage, although the emotion that can get in the way is fear.
- Wood – Big picture, visionary, great at planning and getting things done, direct and clear. Could forget about people in the pursuit of getting things done or become a workaholic.
- Fire – Light spirit, cheerleader and have a joyful, uplifting energy and are perpetually in motion. May experience panic or seem to flit from person to person or project to project.
- Earth – Has great compassion and creates a safe space for others. The nurturer and giver. Earths may forget about themselves to support others and one challenge is that they may encounter in is worrying a lot.
- Metal – Very spiritual and self-sufficient. Good at improving things. Often appears to be calm, reserved and self-contained. Metal element people tend to want a meaningful, reverent life. They often have high standards. One of the emotions metal can experience is grief.
Which Element Are You? Take Dondi’s 5 Elements Quiz to learn which elements apply to your personality.
Energy Medicine Tips to Balance the Five Elements – here are some excellent short “Energy Minutes” videos to balance each element:
- Water – Cross Crawl
- Wood – Blow Out the Venom
- Fire – Taking Down the Flame
- Earth – Hook Up
- Metal – Connecting Heaven and Earth
Nutrition Tips to Reduce or Eliminate Cravings
Cravings and how to find foods that create balance – the five elements can help you create balance in your diet. One of the ways it does this is through the 5 tastes in Chinese medicine. The principle is that if we eat meals that are balanced across all 5 tastes, it sends a signal of satisfaction to our brain (via the taste buds on the tongue) and to the organs through the meridians, energetic flows that go through the body. Each element is associated with one of the 5 tastes:
- Water – Salty taste (e.g., sea salt, sea urchin, walnuts)
- Wood – Sour taste (e.g., brussels sprouts, limes, lemons, fermented foods)
- Fire – Bitter taste (e.g., beets, dandelion greens)
- Earth – Sweet taste (e.g., corn, pumpkin)
- Metal – Spicy taste (e.g., onion, scallions)
Using herbs and spices to kick cravings & create balance – In our book, The Bone Broth Secret: A Culinary Adventure in Health, Beauty and Longevity, Louise Hay and I have a whole section in the appendix that teaches you how to work with herbs and spices for the flavor, balance and antioxidant benefits. Herbs and spices are one of our favorite ways to kick cravings and bring satisfaction to body and mind. Here’s an excerpt from our book on how to balance the tastes. We focus here on the 6 tastes in Ayurvedic medicine, which is similar to the 5 tastes in Chinese medicine:
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health, Jessica Ortner, best-stelling author of The Tapping Solution for Weight Loss & Body Confidence, will join me as we discuss How to Make Every Day an Adventure in Happiness so you can stress less and enjoy life more!
JOIN ME EVERY TUESDAY AT 12PM PACIFIC
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019