This is a delicious green vegan smoothie for an afternoon snack when you want a hydrating snack that gives you just enough to balance your blood sugar between meals.
The spices are particularly designed to balance blood sugar and aid digestion. This smoothie can be a nice option if you have slow digestion, bloating or any other digestive issues that you’d like to soothe.
- 2 cups red leaf lettuce
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 green Granny Smith Apple
- 2 TBL coconut butter or coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Optional: 1 tsp Chaga Black medicinal mushroom (great for minerals and supports energy)
- ½ TBL vanilla powder (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp juice from a fresh lemon or 3 drops Urban Moonshine Citrus Bitters (this is great for digestive support!)
Put everything in your blender and blend up thoroughly.
Taste. See if you want to add any additional sea salt, spices, honey or green apple to satisfy your unique palate. If you want a deeper flavor, add a pinch of sea salt or more cinnamon or ginger. Start by adding just a pinch and taste again, until you have just the flavor that makes you feel satisfied.
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019
Love Heather’s deep understanding about the healing essence of food——also the mind body connection.
Thank you, Nancy! xo