In our book, Loving Yourself to Great Health, Louise Hay, Ahlea Khadro and I teach that there is no one-size-fits-all diet out there. We show you how to listen to your body and choose real foods. There is one type of diet we recommend though — a media diet — where you abstain from negative programming from magazines, the Internet, TV, movies — anything geared to make you feel like you are not good enough.
Since the 1800’s, advertisers have used fear, guilt and shame to create an emotional imbalance and compliance for their intended goal: to get you to purchase something.
3 Important Reasons This Type of Media is Damaging
- The number of advertisements we are exposed to has increased to 5,000 per day, 96% of which objectify women.
- Children from 8 – 18 are exposed to hypersexualized ads through technology.
- The more women are conditioned to feel like sex objects, the more they…
- Have higher rates of depression
- Engage in body monitoring (hyperaware of everything they are doing)
- Develop body shame & eating disorders
- Have sexual dysfunction
- Have low self esteem
- Have a lower grade point average
- Compete with other women
These are exceptional reasons to stop consuming damaging media and purchasing products that promote negative messages!
As you move away from messages of shame and reconnect to your inner guidance, you get clearer about what YOU really want.
It’s time to put aside all messages that ask you to do anything other than love yourself!
Today, Let’s Say This Affirmation Out Loud
I am good enough just as I am.
I love and approve of myself.
And so it is!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Listening to Your Gut and Heart - April 24, 2019
- Breaking Through Resistance: Following Creative Energy - April 16, 2019
- Love Intuition: Follow the Energy to True Love - April 10, 2019