Hay House Radio Episode Recap
- Episode Name: “The Mitochondria Fix: Balancing Minerals”
- Live Broadcast: March 13th, 2017 at 3:00 pm Pacific Time
Mondays at 11:00 pm Pacific Time / 2:00 am Eastern Time
Saturdays at 4:00 pm Pacific Time / 7:00 pm Eastern Time
Sundays at 2:00 pm Pacific Time / 5:00 pm Eastern Time
Episode Summary Re-cap
Mineral imbalances have become a worldwide health epidemic. If you have been struggling with stress, overwhelm, thyroid problems, adrenal fatigue, weight gain, anxiety, depression, and one symptom after another, you’re likely experiencing a mineral imbalance. Today’s guest, mineral expert and wellness coach, Morley Robbins, will reveal the key minerals and vitamin co-factors that feed your mitochondria, nourishing your body at the deepest cellular level.
Discover little-known keys to heal your body at the root cause level.
Morley and his partner, Dr. Liz Erkenswick, DC, began incorporating magnesium into their healing practice and witnessed profound changes in their clients’ health.
Their clients’ “need” for statins, anti-depressants, digestive meds, sleeping pills, and osteoporosis medications (just to name a few) were effectively offset by concerted efforts to manage their stress response, eating REAL foods rich in minerals, vitamins and fats, and undertaking protocols to restore magnesium. Seeing these results created a passion for restoring mineral balance in people’s lives, so he founded the Magnesium Advocacy Group (MAG) and quickly became known as “The Magnesium Man.”
There is no such thing as medical disease, there’s only metabolic dysfunction that’s caused by mineral deficiencies.”
– Morley Robbins
Through MAG, Morley is committed to educating as many people as possible about the MAG–nificence of magnesium — and all minerals — and ending the epidemic of mineral imbalance plaguing people’s health and well-being.
Join Morley in his Facebook community to gain greater insights into the importance of minerals, in general, and magnesium, in particular.
7 Steps to Nourish Your Mitochondria & Balance Your Minerals
Minerals are critical nutrients for mitochondrial (deep cellular) energy and yet, they are one of the most misunderstood. Additionally, the majority of doctors have not been trained to fully understand minerals and their co-factors. As a result, we have a lot of myths about minerals like calcium, iron, copper, zinc and vitamin D. These myths can be damaging to health and longevity.
Magnesium Matters and 80% of Us Are Deficient
Magnesium makes 3,751 enzymes work and is responsible for the lion’s share of enzymatic functions. If you want energy, you need magnesium. Magnesium is the key for energy at the ATP (deep cellular) level. The four stages of magnesium deficiency symptoms revealed.
Most People Are Iron-Toxic, Not Iron-Anemic
Too many people are being told they have low iron anemia and to take iron. However, without the right testing, you may be making symptoms much worse. Iron makes up a whopping 36% of the Earth’s composition and is enriched in flour products (keep in mind a poor source or iron – shavings – are used to enrich flour and cereal!). Iron toxicity contributes to accelerated aging, inflammation, and oxidative stress.
Here’s the article about iron and estrogen that Morley Robbins mentioned on the show: Iron and Menopause: Does Increased Iron Affect the Health of Postmenopausal Women?
Avoid Foods/Diets that Upset Mineral Balance:
- Sugar, especially High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS)
- Stay away from foods with dyes – red, yellow, blue, etc.
- Enriched flour products (cereal, cookies, pizza dough, bread, etc.)
- Unrefined, processed fats, especially omega 6 fats
- GMO foods (genetically modified)
- Low Fat Diet (fat helps minerals absorb properly)
- Vegetarian/Vegan Diet (Can upset a critical balance in copper-zinc)
- Tap water and products with fluoride
- Food and supplements with added “citrate,” including magnesium citrate.
- Collodial silver (disrupts copper status in the body), nanoized silver is okay.
If Your Doctor Tells You to Take the Following Supplements, Make Sure You Get the RIGHT Tests First
All of these are dependent on having the ideal level of magnesium:
- Vitamin D (actually a hormone and most doctors don’t do all the testing necessary to identify true need)
- Calcium (the mineral of cement and can disrupt the balance of magnesium)
- Iron (the mineral that contributes to aging, inflammation, oxidative stress)
- Copper (without testing, you don’t know if you have too much, too little or if it’s not bioavailable)
- Zinc (can disrupt copper if you take it without knowing your zinc-copper levels or take it for too long)
Here are the tests to focus on:
HTMA – Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis is a hair test that tests for 18 minerals and 8 heavy metals. It can tell you critical information about the minerals needed for healthy adrenals and thyroid, proper blood sugar balance, vital energy, and more.
Magnesium-Zinc-Copper-Iron-Panel Test – tests for Magnesium RBC, Copper, Zinc, Ceruloplasmin, Iron & TIBC, Ferritin and Transferrin blood tests
Magnesium-Vitamin D Panel – Vitamin D/Hormone D Test
Stop Taking the Ascorbic Acid Form of Vitamin C and use wholefood vitamin C instead
Ascorbic acid disrupts copper. Vitamin-C-rich foods (citrus fruits, strawberries, camu camu, rose hips, red peppers, kale, Brussels sprouts, etc.) are wonderful, as well as supplements like Innate Response C-400 Tablets or Pure Synergy Pure Radiance C Powder. Whole food vitamin C helps copper work properly in the body. The general guideline for mineral balance is to take 500 mg to 800 mg of whole food vitamin C.
Ceruloplasmin is the protein that helps regulate copper and iron in the body.
- Stop – high fructose corn syrup, Vitamin D supplements, calcium supplements, iron supplements, a low fat diet, multivitamin supplements and refined oils.
- Start – magnesium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), whole food vitamin C (500 – 800 mg from brands like: Innate Response, Alive or Grown by Nature), retinol (vitamin A) from 1 tablespoon cod liver oil (Rosita or Nordic Naturals Arctic CLO) and healthy fats (like butter, lard and beef tallow from organic grass/pasture fed animals).
- Target for a serum ceruloplasmin test is 35 mg/dL.
Follow the All-Natural Root-Cause Protocol to Balance Your Minerals
Hay House Wisdom Community Members can listen to this show again anytime, and you can download and podcast this and over 10,000 archived audios from your favorite authors.
Tune in Next Week
Tune in next week to Loving Yourself to Great Health. Have you ever entered a room and it just didn’t feel right, yet you couldn’t explain why? Are you naturally comfortable with some people and stressed by others? Jean Haner and I will reveal how you are influenced by the invisible energy of people and places around you.
JOIN ME EVERY MONDAY AT 3PM PACIFIC | 6PM EASTERN
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Are You A Generational Pattern Shifter? Free Yourself from the Rules - April 25, 2017
- How to Heal with Herbs - April 18, 2017
- Bitter Fennel Digestive Pastilles - April 18, 2017