Healthy chocolate can be rather pricey, so this is a great budget-friendly option that makes delicious, chocolate-bar smooth chocolate!
Yield: 1 Batch
- ½ cup cacao butter
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder made from freshly ground raw cacao beans (I grind the beans in my Blendtec and it gives the raw cacao a really beautiful flavor. If you don’t have beans on hand, you can use raw cacao powder)
- ¼ cup medjool dates (if you don’t have dates on hand, you can use 1 TBL raw honey)
- Pinch sea salt (about ¼ tsp)
- In a saucepan, heat the cacao butter on the lowest temperature on your stovetop.
- Put the dates into a food processor with the S-blade or high speed blender and blend up until completely mushy.
- Once the cacao butter is melted, add the raw cacao and dates and mix until blended. Remove from heat and allow to cool a bit.
- Hearts or Chunks:
For Hearts: Ladle the warm chocolate into silicone molds of your choice. You can find a variety of shapes at kitchen stores or online. These little heart candy molds make the perfect bite-sized treat.
For Chunks: Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet. Spread the cooled chocolate out flat onto the parchment paper or silicone baking sheet and refrigerate until solid. Break apart into chunks with a knife.
- Put the chocolate into the refrigerator to chill (takes about 6 hours). They should be stored in the refrigerator until ready to eat or else they tend to melt. If you make hearts and want to take them with you on a trip, you may want to put them in an insulated bag with an ice pack to keep their shape.
- You can store them in the freezer for up to several months, if you like.
The following two tabs change content below.
As a coach, writer and recovered former executive, I understand the challenges of creating a balanced, healthy lifestyle when over-scheduled. In my journey to radiant health, I created a whole health system of eating, exercise, renewal and recharging -- a roadmap toward health & vitality. I empower clients to create their own whole health systems, in their own unique ways. I have seen amazing results in working with my clients!
Latest posts by Heather Dane (see all)
- Are You A Generational Pattern Shifter? Free Yourself from the Rules - April 25, 2017
- How to Heal with Herbs - April 18, 2017
- Bitter Fennel Digestive Pastilles - April 18, 2017